Find out more about World Sailing Working Parties, current members and their committees on this page.
World Sailing Regulations
World Sailing Regulations 5.5.1 & 5.5.2 concerning working parties:
- A committee may appoint working parties to deal with particular subjects.
- The appointing committee shall assign members of the committee to the working party, but may include any other person where it needs specific expertise.
- Council may appoint a joint working party from two or more committees with the consent of the Chairmen of those Committees.
- The appointing Committee shall select the working party for a set project or period. Unless dismissed earlier, membership of working parties automatically finishes in line with the term of appointment of the appointing committee.
- Working parties shall work under a standard terms of reference as follows:
- members of the working party may work by e-mail;
- where meetings are necessary, working parties will use the offices of the Executive Office;
- at the first meeting of the appointing committee after the working party's appointment, the members will present a defined set of objectives for their work; and
- the working party will present a record of its work at each subsequent meeting of the appointing committee
5.5.2 Sub-Committee and working parties shall not be entitled to financial or extra-ordinary assistance from the Executive Office without prior approval by the Board.
Working Parties are pending appointment following the appointment of Committees for the 2017 - 2020 term.